Delivery by Truck to Your Warehouse, Storage Facility or Home
- Free domestic shipping within the 48 contiguous states is included in the price of almost all of our lots.
- We ship our inventory tightly stacked into cardboard boxes, for example vinyl records in 13" cubes and books in book boxes measuring 16" x 12" x 12". We don't ship in gaylords because loose inventory can easily get damaged in transport. Our cardboard boxes are light enough to be handled by one person.
- We usually secure all cardboard boxes on a regular sized pallet (40" x 48") with pallet wrap. This has the advantage that the items can not move inside the cardboard boxes and the boxes can not move on the pallet. This way of shipping is much more secure and protects the inventory much better than the shipment of loose boxes by Fedex, UPS, or USPS.
- We ship most lots "LTL" with major freight carriers (LTL = less than a truckload). We will email you a copy of the "BOL" (bill of lading) with the driver's signature and the so-called "Pro Number" on the day your order has been picked up by the freight carrier. You have an estimated arrival date on the BOL and you can track the shipment through the Pro Number on the carrier's website.
- The driver has instructions to call you at the phone number you provided to arrange for delivery. There are several ways to receive our shipments:
- Home Delivery: the delivery to a home-based business or a business without truck height loading dock or forklift is made by a special truck with a lift gate in the back. The truck driver will handle your freight with a pallet jack. Some trucker drive the pallet down a driveway and into a garage for a tip.
- Delivery to a warehouse: if there is a truck height loading dock at the receiving address, the truck driver will back into the loading dock and put the freight onto the loading dock with his pallet jack.
- Delivery to a storage facility: some customers rent a unit in a short-term storage facility. If the storage facility has a truck height loading dock, delivery can often be managed by the personnel of the storage facility. Some customers use the storage facility as "swing space," which allows them to store inventory which they then move with their own car in smaller increments to their home office. Other customers take advantage of "free first month" specials and rent an unit for a month, work through all the inventory during this time period, and vacate the unit before rent becomes due, i.e. they get the swing space for one month for free.